So only my old AIM friends would get that title. But just last week grooveshark.com went through a full revamp of their website, switching from a flash based website to the new internet language of html5. Which seems to quickly becoming the standard. I’m excited about the switch for two reasons. First technically you can you use the site now on your iPad and iPhone in the near future. I’ve tried it on my iPad the other night and i got a notice saying my computer was not running flash and asked if i want to continue. Second you memory footprint used by the site will be significantly smaller. Check out the new site layout below in the picture and try it for yourself.
Grooveshark.com is free cause of the sponsored ads and if you pay for the service you’ll get all kinds of extra features like a mobile version I use it on my blackberry, and a desktop client separate from the browser but i hate it cause it’s eats up my memory.
I thought it was time to put together a little list of my favorite computer things i use to make my life easier. No big deal just the things i use everyday no matter if I’m at work or at home. I find myself using these products all the time.
Hope you enjoy my list and post comments and share your thoughts
1) Evernote – I first found the app for my the iPad before i knew about the website. But it’s be came one of my favorites and there’s a desktop version and one for my blackberry too.
2) Grooveshark – This is one awesome little music service no need to download the music or playlist you can stream it from anywhere. They even have a app for blackberry’s too.
3) iPad – Web browsing, video, music, and wide range of other things all in the palm of your hand.
- Flipboard – It’s like a magazine with my twitter and facebook feeds.
- Keynote – I can make amazing presentations on it very quickly and wow the hell out of people.
- RDP Lite – in case i get inspired to do some real work from it and it’s free.
4) Toggl – I love this program it helps me manage my Jaycees development task and hours.
5) Lifehacker – All around good reading and excellent tips
6) Google Doc’s – It’s like Microsoft Office but free and online.
7) Windows Home Server – Every need a file on your home pc while on the road? well this little thing can serve you up the files from anywhere anytime.
8 ) Google Chrome – it’s not just a another browser it’s one of the fastest ones out there and i like how fast it loads pages on my laptop and desktop.