This is a shout out to my former team member learning about SSIS packages for the first time and getting ready to move from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008. Here’s some good reference points for how to do the basics. Now before you call me and ask what does SSIS stands it stands for SQL Server Integration Services. So below is a couple links that i found i think you may find helpful in your new adventure.
- Everything you need to know to develop your first SSIS package
- Creating Your First SSIS Package
- SQL Server Integration Services an Introduction – Part 1
- Import and Export Wizard in SSMS — Step by Step
- Five SSIS Best Practices you can Take to the Bank